Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Fun Art Weekend!

Laura Watmough
Capital Ex Gala
What a weekend!
Wednesday was the setup for Capital Ex. Sylvie Fergusson and I headed to the Agricom and helped Debbi Seymour with hanging the Northwest Originals Gallery while Pearl Der held down the fort and taught all the students who came for a drop in.
Four hours later Sylvie and I came back to the studio to find Pearl was doing a fantastic job and gunning for my job ( lol)!!
Sylvie Fergusson
Capital Ex Gala
Pearl Der
Capital Ex Gala
Thursday evening was the official Northwest Originals Gala and we had a overwhelming turn out of fans and friends. Our work was very well received, the lighting was a great improvement from last year, and the Mosaic Mural unvielling was impressive.

At Delta Art
Hot Dog Days
Saturday was the famous Delta Inventory Sale and I went hi tech (for me) this year and had a slide show on my laptop to show new students how we do things at Hidden Talent. There was lots of visiting and  I had some product info conversations with Jason from Golden and Briana from Gamblin - always a good thing to touch base with the experts. I saw lots of my students and many artist friends. It seems we reconnect every year and it is turning out to be a very social event complete with free burgers and pop. many thanks to John and his family and staff for another wonderful 'Hot Dog day' sale.


  
Bob and Linda Watt

                            
                                                               

No comments: