Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I WANT TO SELL YOUR ART!!

 The ideal for an artist is to show up with the art, have it sell out and then collect the big check at the end of the month.
Let me change my hat and put the "Gallery Owner" one on. What are you willing to do if you show in my gallery?
Are you willing to trade a commission for a flat fee?
Are you willing to pay a higher commission if you do less?
A lower commission if you do more?
Are you willing to demo in the gallery?
Are you willing to bring your clients to my gallery?
Are you willing to share your mailing list?
Are you willing to share advertising costs?
Are you willing to man the gallery?
Galleries and artists have been doing business the same way for a long time. Do you have a unique way to help me sell your art?

1 comment:

ramona said...

Hey Laura
Your hat exchange has me interested! You'd be a good gallery owner and I say that because Laura the artist knows how important stories about the artist, and the artwork are to prospective buyers. I'd be willing to do a few things on your list, such as send out in my own newsletter all the info on your gallery and invite them there. The rest, I'd have to say would require a ph. conversation! But keep me posted k?
Ramona Swift