Sunday, February 23, 2014

Chaos Art!

What emerged from chaos this week!
I ran into a fellow who was making some 'cool' art! I had to chuckle because he was doing what most of us 'beginner' artists were doing in the 60's and 70's! Mom called it HIPPIE art and it was inventive, creative and just plain odd. You know- trees with plug ins, gnomes, elves, Yellow Submarine-ish weirdness.
So.....I started to throw paint across the canvas, splatter, color and just made a creative chaos. Low and behold I had to fiddle until an image appeared...here it is! My early years were not a waste! (teehee) I'll see if it was just a trip down memory lane or if I can repeat the process and experience another CHAOS PAINTING!!
Anyone else influenced by the kaleidoscope, doodle art, record covers of the 60's and 70's???

No comments: