Monday, November 09, 2009

Special Gallery Seminar- What Galleries Want!

I had a great meeting this morning with Alex Patterson from Tu Gallery 10718-124 st in Edmonton. He and his wife Lorna operate a welcoming, casual gallery that features art of all kinds- the display of furniture and wood working is remarkable. No where else in Edmonton area can you find as large a collection of artisan work of superior quality! Photography and art adorn the walls, statues, jewelery. Alex and Lorna have themed show each year, the lastest being the Ukrainian Show, the next one Yardly Jones ( Dec 14) .
Alex picked four of my paintings to hang on the walls until Dec 14- he selects what appeals to him and he is more than interested in Hidden Talent Fine Art School students! Drop by and see the gallery, get a feel for how they operate. Is this a gallery you would feel comfortable showing in and bringing all you relatives to? Both Alex and Lorna are very approachable and would welcome any questions.
Alex and I have so many ideas- including a JURIED STUDENT show ( MAY?), and painting in front of Tu Gallery on 124 st Saturdays in June, July and August. Alex gave me the nod for a show of my work in his gallery. We are brainstorming the best ways to promote my wine/dessert painting...any ideas? TBA
So, what is expected of an artists if they show in a gallery? I know for some of you this may be the first time you will be juried, price your art and 'put it out there'!
I am happy to announce that I've made arrangements for Alex to come to Hidden Talent Art School to discuss the finer points of gallery representation SUNDAY FEB 21 at 1:30!! This free seminar will be available for current HT students ONLY! Do Not miss this opportunity!!

No comments: