Sunday, March 31, 2013

EXCELLENCE IN ARTS TEACHING, MAYOR'S GALA



Awards Night
Quite a while ago some of Hidden Talent Artists submitted my name for the Excellence in Arts Teaching award to be presented at the Mayors Gala this spring. Pearl Der organized the entry and Wendy Pfeifer and Sylvie Fergusson wrote letters of recommendation. To say the least. I was humbled and excited that my students would honor me with this nomination. Truly, the nomination was the reward!!
Wendy, Laura, Michelle and Joan.Missing: Jeannette, Barb and Jeanne
Pearl, Donna, Sandy, Marla, Laura

On March 19 some of the Hidden Talent Artists and myself were all gussied up and had a pre award celebration at The Cajun House- What a fun and supportive group! I vamoosed early to attend the Mayor’s Private Champagne reception with my biggest fan, my husband Ed. We met other nominees and dignitaries and talked to past winners of the arts awards.  I had very stiff competition- Joan Bilau, Vocal Instructor        and Darrell Marko, Dance Instructor.
We later met up with the Hidden Talent Artists at the Reception and I saw many faces I haven’t seen in a long time…so wonderful to be able to gather the St. Albert arts community in one place!
Our evening was one of entertainment! And it was exceptional! There was a dance theater co production, a one act play, Jazz Trio, Ballroom dancing and the rock band Tupelo Honey. All of them with strong ties to our community.
I  was very relieved that we didn’t have to wait long- the Excellence in Arts Teaching was the second award of the evening, so after that we could all relax…Much to our surprise and delight… I WON!!! Many many thanks to all of you for your support and friendship!! I was beyond thankful for such recognition!


My Excellence In Arts Teaching Award

Thanks Jeanne!!

No comments: